Monday, August 5, 2013

Choco-Chip Chet-Spheres

Camping weekend was deemed very successful! Please be sure to click over to my other blog http://czesialives.blogspot.com to read all about it! My friend, and camping co-captain Ashleigh over at www.funkybeets.wordpress.com  will be creating some posts as well, so be sure to check it out!

 
This post is more about a yummy camping snack I made! They are a riff off of the very famous, delicious and nutritious larabars, but less expensive and I made them myself! At first we called them chet-bars, then since they look like rounded balls = chet balls, and then since that could sound weird to most people they are now called chet spheres!
 
 
Half of our camping site, my back is to the lake. Chet-sphere in hand.
 
Turn a 180 and now I'm at our beach! I can't wait to go back, this camping site was absolutely AMAZING!
 
Life is better with a the sun on your face and a Chet-sphere at the ready!

 
 
Choco Chip Chet-spheres
(makes 1 dozen Czesia sized palm spheres)
 
8 ounces pitted dates (check the dates, I wound up with a pit)
1 to 1 1/2 cups raw almonds
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
dash of kosher salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
 
In a food processor mix the dates with the almonds and sunflower seeds until everything is mixed well and a dough ball forms.
 
With a spatula, scrape down the sides of the processor and dump the dough on a piece of plastic wrap.
 
With your hands: press dough together and flatten out after everything is well mixed. Sprinkle salt and chocolate chips and mix with hands again. Caution the dough is sticky but fun!
 
Make palm sized balls and eat!
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. These Chet spheres were amazing. They gave me lots of good energy to hike, swim, and dance by the fire. Thanks for sharing the recipe girl friend!

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! Thanks for your comment, it's like my hobby reward! So thanks for rewarding me for doing something I love!