Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pizza and Panic

Dinner last night was zucchini boat pizzas! This is such a delicous dinner idea. I found it on facebook and believe me you wont be dissapointed. Take the insides out of the squash and fill with pizza sauce, or in my case I used chopped tomatoes since my jar of prego in the back of my fridge was growning black death.
On top of the tomatoes I sprinkled italian shredded cheese, mini pepperonis, oregano and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes at 350, or also in my case, prebake before dinner for 20 minutes and allow to sit in fridge before coming home at 8 from volunteering and then go running before you can even think about eating dinner!
Can you tell the time difference now? Much later, flash is on..It was DELICIOUS! I can't wait to make this again. I'm actually glad I used chopped tomatoes instead, it really helped ramp up the fresh factor, and made me feel a little less terrible for using mini pepperonis that could probably survive a nuclear attack.

Forgive mid chew but right when I started to think about falling asleep I started having panic attacks. I've been getting them for the past four days. I've had panic in my life since about 9th grade, I researched it and found out that my low carb eating could trigger panic attacks. Basically, my serotonin levels are already lower than people without the pre-disposition for anxiety, and low carb eating has been known to reduce serotonin levels as well. That's messed up!  So I've been trying to eat my carbs in the form of fruits, veggies, the occasional slice of ezekial bread..but yesterday it didn't work. I layed down to sleep and got that awful feeling where I can't remember how to take another breath, and the fear of death runs rampant. So I got up, (freshly showered as you can tell LOL!) and made myself some cereal.
I think it helped since I was able to sleep but it took me a long time to go to bed because I kept having reoccuring attacks. Marc had to rub my back to let me know everything was okay. Panic is terrible, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I'm sharing this because I want to let others know that this could happen and I believe it to be a true side effect of low carb eating.

Have you ever had a panic attack?

7 comments:

  1. This veggie pizza works for me. I wasn't sure at first, but it was very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't do the tomatoes but everything else, I'm in!

    Sorry about the panic attacks. I've had them before and they suck. I do deep breathing techniques to get through them. Breathe in deep through the nose until your diaphragm feels as full of breath as you can get it then exhale through the mouth and repeat and make sure to drop the shoulders so you're not tensing up. I haven't had one in quite a while but when they do come on it stinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet the zuke boats would do awesome with some other kind of sauce! Now I'm picturing bbq chicken pizza zuke boats YUM!

      Thank you for the encouragement.

      Delete
  3. Yikes! I've never heard about the connection between low carb and panic attacks. I've actually experienced kind of the opposite, though it was during my sick periods, so my body wasn't responding properly anyway. I haven't had any, thankfully, since I was no longer sick! I'm sorry you're going through them. They are awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been kinda sucky, but I have been doing better lately! YAY! That's why I really think it was low carb..or it's totally placebo, either way mucho beuno!

      Delete

Hey guys! Thanks for your comment, it's like my hobby reward! So thanks for rewarding me for doing something I love!