Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Eat the Crayon Box!

Yesterday I felt that I could have eaten more veggies, or at least more color variety (lots of greens), so todays mini goal was to eat as many colors as possible in the crayon box! You guys can see how I've done so far.

This is my breakfast of champions, and my "I'm currently in a breakfast rut that I'm unsure I want to get out of" breakkie. I love this mix of berries, wheat germ, pumpkin seeds, and whole milk yogurt.
This yogurt is SO BEYOND good (Hey Stonyfield, send me some yogurt coupons okay?!) If you can get your hands on this yogurt I recommend it. It tastes sweet to me even though it's plain, and it's so luxurious. Screw fat free yogurt!
Here goes the crutch side of my morning. Yes I'm big into coffee again. You know I'm not sure if this is a habit (okay..addiction) that I wish to get rid of. I love coffee! Who would have thought. There is something so fun about a ritualistic behavior like having a morning cuppa. <<--- haha I said cuppa.
I had to run to work this morning (and was still "late", being on time is late at this job blegh). I also thought I was going to be home by 1 or so, but  I ended up getting home at three. So needless to say, I was so hungry.
 
In comes pork stir fry! I rarely eat pork, but I have to say I love it. Maybe it's because I dont eat it very often?

In the mix: carrot, red pepper, cabbage, snow peas, ginger, garlic, liquid aminos, and pork. Oh and the black dots are smoked sesame seeds, so yum!
 
Dinner tonight will be after Marc and my first official training for the 5k we are registered for! Were doing the color run August 11th. I'm thinking dinner will probably be egg based since I had quite the portion of meat for lunch.
 
So I have a couple question(s) for you my lovely reader...
 
1) Do you have a food ritual like my coffee addiction? Do you wish to quit it or think it's a normal and fun part of your life?
 
2) How many colors of the crayon box did you eat today?

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say 1) everything looks super yummy and healthy and 2) I LOOOOOOVE your Saturday Evening Post glass! Norman Rockwell is the man!

    I ate pretty colorful as I do most days. Yellow bananas, red apples and radishes, green lettuce, celery and grapes and orange cantaloupe and oranges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many super thank you's to you Anele! I have a bunch of those glasses, this is actually our second Salvation Army set :)

      I love your fruit and veggie colors, purple grapes are my favorite.:)

      Delete

Hey guys! Thanks for your comment, it's like my hobby reward! So thanks for rewarding me for doing something I love!